There are numerous people all over WordPress doing awards and that made me think that these awards are no big deal. But being nominated for an award is something. That someone out there recognised you for your work and considered it interesting is something to be proud of. Besides, it’s fun answering the questions that were posed. Thanks a lot Ramya for the nomination and I am truly sorry for delaying this post so much.
Now let me tell you about Ramya and her awesome blog, The Logophile’s Corner. She is preparing for her college right now but hasn’t abandoned her blog in all of that. I don’t remember how I came across her blog but I can tell you that she hasn’t stopped intriguing and inspiring me since. She mostly posts her beautiful poetry on her blog (and those are my favourite posts) but they are interspersed with prose pieces about sports and travel which are equally well written. I am not a big fan of poetry, perhaps because I am not that good at it myself, but do create exceptions now and then and one of them is Ramya’s.
So, what is this award all about, eh? In the words of the creator miss Maggie it is “an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. This is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
Here are the rules:
o Thank the person who nominated you. Include the reason behind the award. Include the banner in your post.
o Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
o Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
o Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
o Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
o Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
Now it’s time for Ramya’s questions to be answered.
1. Which fandom do you truly belong to?
Me: I would say that it has to be Harry Potter. That was one book I will always remain loyal to. It was the first fandom I ever entered and have found my place in. There are many fandoms that I belong to but none is as dear to me as this one. I feel overwhelmed when someone makes a Harry Potter reference in their speeches. And we feel a fraternity towards any Harry Potter fan because we don’t need to know each other in order to discuss the books for hours at end.
2. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Me: There are different people who have inspired me in different aspects of life. There is Hermione when it comes to studies, Steve Jobs when I strive for details and perfection and those superb bloggers out there when it comes to producing an interesting post. There is no one person who has fully inspired me; what I believe I am is because of so many people.
3. What other hobbies do you/would you like to pursue?
Me: Apart from writing, I like to draw, watch movies and read. I did take up knitting, embroidery and vocabulary building in the past but didn’t stick to any one of them. Talking is there too if you could consider that as a hobby, and I could have tried bird watching, star gazing, gardening and the like had it interested me. I like to sleep too.
4. Which quote is your favourite?
Me: “A truth which is told with a bad intent exceeds all lies you can invent” by William Blake, and “Knowing is independent of being” by the werecat in Eragon.
5. Which authors are your favourites and why?
Me: My first favourite is J. K. Rowling because who wouldn’t love her? I love Jane Austen because of the language she employs in her books. There isn’t much happening in her books yet it is her language which makes me want to read on and on. Where else can you read words like fancy and disposition in everyday use? I recently read a book about the Crusades by Karen Armstrong which was one of the few non-fiction books I thoroughly enjoyed. So I looking forward to reading more books written by her.
6. If you were given the power to mind read or to be invisible which would you choose? Why?
Me: Being invisible would definitely be cooler. I can wear whatever I choose to, go wherever I want, play pranks and not be caught. I haven’t read The Invisible Man so I don’t know what problems that power could pose but it will definitely be better than voices constantly echoing in your head (remember Charles Xavier?)
7. When was the last adventure you had? What was the adventure?
Me: I can’t remember exactly. It was a dare and I had to go ask a random guy a few weird questions and make it as genuine as possible. It doesn’t seem like an adventure but it did feel like one at the time what with my heart pounding against my chest😉.
8. Which fictional character do you have a crush on?
Me: It’s a long long list. I like someone from each fandom and there are uncountable fandoms I belong to. I love Remus Lupin, Iron Man, Logan, Dustfinger, Robert Langdon, Jack Frost and quite a few others. The thing is that fictional people have an edge over real people in their being the epitomes of perfection.
9. Which is your favourite dish? Do you like to cook?
Me: I love pizzas and pastries and pastas. Anything that has got cheese or chocolate. I don’t like cooking, though. My brother is there to cook for me when we grow up so why bother to learn?
10. What is your take on life?
Me: It depends on my perception which changes from time to time according to my mood. I can view it as gloomy and grey and withering if I am sad, and blooming, cheerful and vibrant if I am happy.
Now it is time for my questions….
1. Who is your favourite superhero? (Say Iron Man and I will love you for life)
2. How do you go about forming a new post? Where do you get your inspiration from?
3. Describe your dream home. (Include everything from the location to the colour and the furniture.)
4. What do you prefer: writing or typing? Why?
5. Is it appreciation, or the lack of it that motivates you to strive for perfection?
6. What is your fondest childhood memory?
7. When did you start blogging and why?
8. Which is that one flaw in you, however major it may be, which has become a part of your identity? However much you try, you just can’t remove it from your personality.
9. What do you prefer: fiction or non fiction? Prose or poetry?
10. Which is that one movie that you can watch anytime without getting bored?
And now for the nominees…..
There are others I wanted to nominate but we will have to wait until I do another award. Until next time…